So this is the first song I remember hearing and thinking "I HAVE to hear this song again and I just can't wait. I need to own it." I was no more than 5 or 6 years old.
The keyboard, powerful vocals and the crazy obscure lyrics hooked me from the start. "Go Kart Mozart was checking out the weather chart" is so hilarious and clever when you're a kindergartener. I basically loved everything about it so the first chance I got, or rather, the first chance my Mom had to take me to a record store, I bought the 45 and in true Amy fashion, played the bejeesus out of it and tried to learn all of the words, but they were so ridiculous that what I heard, was not what was being said.
Did you know that this song was written and orginally recorded by Bruce Springsteen? As of 2008, the Manfred Mann's Earth Band recording of "Blinded by the Light" is still Springsteen's only Number 1 single as a songwriter on the Billboard Hot 100. Who knew?
P.S. I'm not even touching the deuce vs. douche debate...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment